Macarthur Pain Clinic* (MPC) is an interdisciplinary pain management service created by integrating the existing Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Medicine services in the region in conjunction with Specialist Medical & Therapy Solutions.
* Please note that we do not provide a service to treat opioid addiction or dependence, and do not provide authority letters to GPs for opioid continuation.
At Specialist Medical Therapy Solutions we have a dedicated team of doctors and allied health services to assess and formulate patient-centered pain management plans to treat the different components of the pain and its underlying cause. We aim to help with all types of pain ranging from simple wear and tear related symptoms through to complex neurological and hypersensitivity disorders. Our core team members include Rehabilitation Medicine Specialists, Physiotherapist and Psychologist.
Pain is a complex and debilitating condition which can have a major impact on our levels of physical activity and the quality of life. We will work with you to develop a management strategy to reduce your levels of pain, improve your function and restore your quality of life.
Our SMTS team can provide –
- Interdisciplinary pain assessment and persistent pain management planning
- Psychological interventions like Cognitive Behavioural therapy and Mindfulness based therapy
And treat –
- All chronic pain conditions
- Post-herpetic neuralgia
- Headache syndromes
- Spinal Pain
- Joint Pain (Osteoarthritis),
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Post-Surgical Pain Syndromes (Post Hernia Pain, Post Mastectomy Pain, Post Thoracotomy Pain),
- Failed Back Surgery Syndromes
Our Pain Specialist
Dr Abhilasha Sharma
MBBS FRACP FFPMANZCA
Dr Abhilasha Sharma is a an Australian trained dual qualified Paediatrician and Specialist Pain Physician. She is a Staff Specialist in Pain Medicine at Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick.
Dr Sharma is trained in all aspects of pain medicine. She has experience in the assessment and treatment of a wide range of chronic pain, acute pain and procedural pain conditions. She has special interest in Complex regional Pain syndrome (CRPS), persistent post-surgical pain, Neuropathic pain and headaches. She is proficient in interventional pain medicine techniques like nerve and joint blocks, epidural injections, radiofrequency ablation, spinal cord stimulation and other advanced neuromodulation techniques.
As a pain specialist she treats both adult and paediatric patients.